North American Claims Specialists, LLC. is seeking experienced Independent Field Adjusters in our current service territioies: Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts areas. We are also planning on expanding our service area into North Carolina, South Carolina and Northern Georgia (Atlanta) within upcoming months. Please send all inquiries and qualified resumes to email@example.com. Please refer the the job description and responsibilities of the position posted below for additional information.
The openings will be daily claims handling. Please refer to the territories of open positions before sending CAT resumes.
Responsible for coverage determination, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and final resolution of property claims that will require field inspections. Claim assignments are regional and involve both personal and commercial customers. Assignments are managed in accordance with involved policy provisions, state regulations and prescribed adjusting best practices. Required state licenses must be obtained and kept current.
- Make initial contact with the insured within 24 hours of receipt of assignment
- Inspect assignment within 48 hours of receipt of assignment
- Closures and final reports completed and submitted within 72 hours of receipt of assignment
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, and by comparing claim information with evidence
- Works within specific time & limits and authority
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claims handling
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills of field adjusting
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and negotiates personal and commercial claims of minimal to moderate complexity.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of each claim and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- Must have an aptitude for damage scoping and estimating of repairs and the ability to acquire skills in the use of estimating with Xactimate software.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate.
- Upholds the North American Claims Specialists code of Business Conduct at all times
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Prior claims/field adjuster experience is preferred
- Maintain expected case load
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements set forth by North American Claims Specialists
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Familiar with claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Computer experience (Xactimate, MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Licensed as required by state and local jurisdictions
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must submit to criminal and MVA background check
Physical Demands & Work environment:
- Ability to maintain and execute time management skills and deadline requirements
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to meet additional physical requirements (i.e. – climb ladders greater than 2 stories and effectively walk roof elevations, slopes, etc.)
North American Claims Specialists, LLC. provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.